Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blood Oxygen app not opening.

The app icon is there on watch, but tapping on it does not start the app. It responds to the tap by darkening and going bright again, but does not open. EKG and heart rate both work normally. It's like just the icon is on the watch, not the app itself. Going to try to uninstall/reinstall just the Blood Oxygen app, rather not have to repair, since I just went through that yesterday when I received the new Watch 6.

I have beta 7.1 installed on watch 6 and beta 14.2 on iphone Xs max

Thank you.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 8:15 AM

3 replies

Sep 23, 2020 8:46 AM in response to hlysprt7

Hi hlysprt7,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re having issues setting up the Blood Oxygen app on your Apple Watch Series 6 and have some information and resources that may help!

Please open the Watch app on your paired companion iPhone. Scroll down and tap Blood Oxygen and then tap Enable. You’ll want to follow the prompts that appear to complete the setup process. You can read further details about this under “How to use the Blood Oxygen app” from this resource:

Measuring your blood oxygen levels with the Blood Oxygen app on Apple Watch Series 6

If you don’t see the Blood Oxygen feature in the Watch app on your iPhone, check the following:

Make sure you’re using an Apple Watch Series 6. You can use the steps here to identify which model you have: 

Identify your Apple Watch

Make sure you’re not running a beta version of either iOS or watchOS. Go to Settings > General > About on both devices and view Version. If you’re running the beta of iOS 14.2 or watchOS 7.1 the Blood Oxygen feature will not be supported on your Apple Watch. The Seed release of iOS 14 also will not work, you will need to have the non-Seed, final release of iOS 14.0 to use Blood Oxygen at this time.

You can use the steps here to remove the beta iOS:

How to uninstall iOS beta software

If you’re on the watchOS beta, the Blood Oxygen feature will be enabled in a future release. 

Thanks!

Blood Oxygen app not opening.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.