Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 13 getting hot

I just bought a macbook pro 13 2020, model A2251.

I have been using it for couple of days now. I read about other people similar problems with this model related to overheating. I have notices that fans kicking to late in relation to high temperatures that are quite noticeable on the macbook hot case.

Also, I use it only on a desk. I do not have an additional case on it yet.

I have already installed third part software to control fan speed "Macs Fan Control" and it helps a lot because in normal condition most components have around 50-60 celcius degree and without that software fan's didn't start and macbook getting hotter until fan kicks when case is already very hot. "Macs Fan Control" in custom settings are able to start fans in that 5o celcius degree and spinning around 2500 rpm and macbook temperature feels much colder. I read somewhere not to use google chrome due to the higher process load which can cause an increase in temperature, which I thought was obviously ridiculous because I still think that the fan should be quite independent.

My question, why I need to install third party software to properly control something as basic as a fan?

Maybe Apple is able to correct this error or add the ability to decide that the fans should turn on early depending on the temperature of the internal macbook components.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 5:07 PM

There’s nothing to correct, your Mac is functioning as designed. 50-60 °C is not particularly warm for silicon chips. The CPU/GPU sit right under the space between the Touch Bar and the display hinge, and while the case can get warm there, it’s not somewhere that one should need to rest one’s fingers. Your Mac will operate properly as long as you Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2020 5:07 PM in response to mac_prec

There’s nothing to correct, your Mac is functioning as designed. 50-60 °C is not particularly warm for silicon chips. The CPU/GPU sit right under the space between the Touch Bar and the display hinge, and while the case can get warm there, it’s not somewhere that one should need to rest one’s fingers. Your Mac will operate properly as long as you Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures.

Macbook pro 13 getting hot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.