Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health App on iPhone is not syncing with Apple Watch 4 since updating to IOS14

Before updating both devices I had no problem with the syncing off my steps between the Health App & my Apple Watch. Since the update the syncing is out of whack. I've gone through every step mentioned on the internet but nothing seems to fix it; Turning on/off, unpair/pair device again, checking each setting in both the iPhone & Apple watch etc but no luck. Help please!

iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 9:50 PM

16 replies

Sep 25, 2020 5:49 PM in response to lpcarroll

Hello lpcarroll,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having issues syncing your steps between your devices. Nice work troubleshooting so far. We'd be happy to investigate this issue further with you.

Can you tell us which version of watchOS is installed on your device? To find it, on your iPhone open the Apple Watch app, then tap My Watch > General > About. 

Also, which iOS version is installed on the paired iPhone? Settings > General > About.

iOS 14.0.1, and watchOS 7.0.1 were recently released, so if you haven’t updated to that, let’s do so now. 

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your Apple Watch

Let us know if that helps. We'll be looking forward to your response.

Cheers!

Sep 25, 2020 7:26 PM in response to brenden dv

Thanks for your reply. Watch version is OS 7.0.1 & iPhone iOS 14.0.1. The syncing problem started after I did the update.

When I go to the Health app -> Summary -> Steps -> scrolling down to Options -> Data Sources and Access, the apps allowed to read data are the Wellbeing App (from Qantas) & the Data Sources are my Apple Watch, then Health, iPhone, Apple Watch (again). The Apple Watch is at the top so it should read the steps from this source.

When I go to the Health app -> Summary -> Activity -> scrolling down to Options -> Data Sources and Access, the apps allowed to read data are the Wellbeing App (from Qantas) & the Data Sources are Apple Watch on top, then my Apple Watch again, and my Apple Watch again (my Apple Watch is mentioned 3x in the Data Sources, but this might be because I have added data (steps) manually because of the syncing problem).

Funnily enough when I was in touch with Apple Care and they accessed my iPhone remotely, the steps in the Health App all of a sudden moved up to the same amount of steps on my Apple Watch, not having done anything to the device. We thought it just fixed itself miraculously but shortly after, the syncing of the steps was out of whack again.

Thanks

Sep 28, 2020 8:53 AM in response to lpcarroll

I have the same problem with Apple Watch 5. In addition since iOS14/wOS7 I have lost sleep data, shortcuts, and had a major battery drain issue. None of that was solved with 14.0.1/7.0.1 (battery drain was resolved with a re-pairing after wOS7)

Interestingly, my Activity App step count matches watch, but the Health App (which sync's with my insurance healthcare app) does NOT match either (its lower)

I could not find a single bug that was improved with the .0.1 updates.

Oct 26, 2020 7:30 PM in response to lpcarroll

Does the restored data include the data recorded by Apple watch but not synchronized to the iPhone? For example, the environmental volume, such as the resting energy, heart rate and other data lost after the upgrade can be successfully backed up and restored to the phone? I feel that if the phone does not receive the watch data, how does the iPhone back it up?

Health App on iPhone is not syncing with Apple Watch 4 since updating to IOS14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.