Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Life

I have a Series 5 watch. With the most recent Apple Watch update, it seems that the battery life is much shorter. Used to last a day and a half. Now I get a warning after 12 to 14 hours. Right now took it off the charger at 5:30 am, it is now 9:30 am and I am at 84% battery life. What happened?

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 7:07 AM

After any IOS or OS update I find that a few force restarts both your iPhone and your watch are needed.

First force restart your iPhone buy what ever method your version calls for. As soon as you see the Apple logo force restart your watch by holding in the crown and side button for 10 seconds till you see the Apple logo then release. Log into your iPhone and wait for your watch to boot, then log into it.

If this doesn't work I would recommend unpairing your watch then pairing it back, setting it up as new.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2020 7:07 AM in response to F8thcav

After any IOS or OS update I find that a few force restarts both your iPhone and your watch are needed.

First force restart your iPhone buy what ever method your version calls for. As soon as you see the Apple logo force restart your watch by holding in the crown and side button for 10 seconds till you see the Apple logo then release. Log into your iPhone and wait for your watch to boot, then log into it.

If this doesn't work I would recommend unpairing your watch then pairing it back, setting it up as new.

Battery Life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.