Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fitness app out of sync with Apple health

presumably since updating to iOS14 the fitness app on my phone and watch do not show the same data and some of it is also incorrect in the health app. In some cases the fitness app on my phone shows the correct number of hours standing etc. but the bars and graphs for hours standing, exercise and move goals do not match the summary. Also it appears that when syncing with health app, the data earned whilst doing an activity are not counted in the daily totals for steps etc...

anyone else experiencing similar issues? Or know when a fix is likely?

this is particular annoying for me as the correct data is now not syncing to my vitality app!

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 11:01 PM

Hi, no luck, I have tried a forced restart on both devices several times.

still the data between the health app and the fitness app are out of sync.

also my watch has updates to the latest OS and is now having the same issue as the fitness app on my phone.

seems like a bug in the latest os!

annoying as I have a third party app that reads the data in Apple health and now I’m losing out on their rewards as the data is not going across

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2020 11:01 PM in response to Randy-12

Hi, no luck, I have tried a forced restart on both devices several times.

still the data between the health app and the fitness app are out of sync.

also my watch has updates to the latest OS and is now having the same issue as the fitness app on my phone.

seems like a bug in the latest os!

annoying as I have a third party app that reads the data in Apple health and now I’m losing out on their rewards as the data is not going across

Sep 21, 2020 12:52 PM in response to paulie_010

After any IOS or OS update I find that a few force restarts both your iPhone and your watch are needed.

First force restart your iPhone buy what ever method your version calls for. As soon as you see the Apple logo force restart your watch by holding in the crown and side button for 10 seconds till you see the Apple logo then release. Log into your iPhone and wait for your watch to boot, then log into it.

fitness app out of sync with Apple health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.