Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Health App issues (since 16.5.1 update)

Until this new 16.5.1 update, I was able to add workouts manually in the Health app. Now when you search for workouts, nothing shows up. I clicked actively and the only place to add data is active energy or walking and running distance. I added data to the active energy section and nothing changed on my watched. I restarted my phone and cleared the app to try again; same result. Is there a new way to add a workout manually since this new update?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 10:18 AM

Yes, that was the way it was done before the update. That option is no longer available on my phone. When you type workout, it says, "no results."

8 replies

Sep 21, 2023 6:10 AM in response to libby183

Then you have a different issue. The original poster couldn't find Workout when they searched but were able to find it when they went to Browse>Activity.

If you're trying to search for Workout, that may be the problem. If you're actually going to Browse, tapping on Activity, and don't see Workout, even after swiping all the way to the bottom, your problem is different.

Oct 7, 2023 11:44 AM in response to kk4672

We had a hard time finding where it is. But this is where we found it.

Health-Browse-Activity

Then scroll down your activity dates until you get to the a section that says “Past ___” mine said “Past 7 Days” but I can also do it on the “Past 12 Months” one too. Click on that selection.

on the next screen you have the “add data” option in the upper right corner. 👍

Health App issues (since 16.5.1 update)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.