Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS14 - Mail is showing unread ghost emails

After updating to IOS14 my email is showing 3 unread emails but there are non.

I’ve removed and re-added mailbox, restarted, logged on to Mail using browser which shows zero unread emails, and I’ve made emails “read” from the app. But it keeps showing 3 unread emails.

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 8:32 AM

*SOLVED* I had the same problem. Tried this workaround and it stopped. Make sure you write down the new password because it may not populate when you do the restart if pasting it from iCloud Keychain.

7 replies

Sep 28, 2020 4:39 PM in response to Josh_ss77

Hi, sorry to hear this. Have you tried the workaround after your 14.1 installation? I know it’s a hassle, and Apple keeps promising to roll out a patch. I’m my situation it took completely signing out of my Apple ID, iCloud, AppStore, and any Apple apps like Music or Maps etc. that seemed to trick iPhone software into a total reboot during the hard restart. Then sign back in. See if that works, like I said it did for me.

Sep 29, 2020 5:20 AM in response to Josh_ss77

Unfortunately yes, it’s back for me as well. I contacted Apple Developers. The best solution they provided is a complete software reboot via iTunes on a Mac or pc. Tether your iPhone with a USB and follow the directions on the computer screen. This bug has become fairly universal for people who installed updates via WiFi. For everyone who is frustrated by this I humbly rejoin you in your angst. Apple did let us all down with the 14.0 platform being rushed into the public.

IOS14 - Mail is showing unread ghost emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.