Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable iPhone screenshots

Does anybody know if Apple has ever given us a way to turn off this worst of all “features”? I am so tired of all the accidental screenshots. I’ve read a lot of dead threads on this but none with a resolution. Can we please just have a toggle to turn it off? I NEVER have any need of a screenshot on my phone and I certainly don’t want one every time I lock my phone. When I think about the engineer that thought having the button combo for this the same as locking the phone, I worry for Apple’s future.

If anybody needs a workaround, I’ve enabled the back double-tap in utilities>accessibility>touch>double tap and set it to lock my phone. Now I just double tap the back of the phone to lock it. This mostly works but I’d like my lock button back. Please!!!

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 9:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 1:01 PM

But that's exactly the problem! The lock button and the volume up button are EXACTLY opposite one another on the phone which makes it very difficult to press the lock button without pressing the volume up button. It's just a really bad design. All I'm asking for is a toggle in the camera that allows me to turn off the screen shot completely.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 28, 2020 1:01 PM in response to anypats

But that's exactly the problem! The lock button and the volume up button are EXACTLY opposite one another on the phone which makes it very difficult to press the lock button without pressing the volume up button. It's just a really bad design. All I'm asking for is a toggle in the camera that allows me to turn off the screen shot completely.

Sep 28, 2020 6:53 AM in response to clcormack

Hey there clcormack,

Based on your post it appears you want to know if there is a way to disable the screenshot feature on your iPhone. Is that right? We're happy to provide some insight.

There wouldn't be a way to disable the screenshot feature. Enabling Back Tap was a great idea. Keep in mind you can also submit feedback about how the screenshot feature works as well. You can use the link below to do so.

Apple Product Feedback

Cheers!

Sep 28, 2020 7:48 AM in response to clcormack

When I think about the engineer that thought having the button combo for this the same as locking the phone, I worry for Apple’s future.

Locking the iPhone only takes pressing the lock button. A screen shot requires simultaneously pressing the lock button and the volume up. Just make sure your finger isn't on the volume up when you lock your phone.

How to disable iPhone screenshots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.