Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech combo touch keyboard case with trackpad for iPad 8 gen trackpad not working

Hi, I bought my iPad and the trackpad today and when I connect the keyboard the trackpad is working fine but after I update the keyboard software via Logitech app the trackpad stop working but the keys still functioning.

I am on the latest software (iPadOS 14), I try restart my iPad, disconnecting the keyboard and connecting it again, reset my iPad but still the trackpad does not work.

how do I fix this issue and I can’t find any support on Apple website or the Logitech website

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 2:12 PM

My apologies, I misunderstood the engineers. You actually have to do it ON-SCREEN

124 replies

Sep 25, 2020 2:33 PM in response to arild113

Just in case it was missed, it should be done on the picture of the keyboard on the screen. Then you will see the text below the Logi logo change to "UNLOCKING FIRMWARE UPDATE (TRACKPAD)" at which point you should then be able to press the grayed out button that says "Your keyboard is up to date!" and it will allow you to start the install again.

Jan 6, 2021 8:06 AM in response to Shadow walker 1

Yes, I was able to figure it out myself. I had to take the iPad out of the case and put it back in. I then pulled up the Logitech app. From there, I simultaneously held down the QRE keys along with the Alt/Option key on the screen - not the keyboard. The next part isn't obvious. The long, gray rectangular button to the left of the keyboard has a message that reads, "Your keyboard is up to date!" Click on that button and it will begin to update the firmware. That was the part I was missing. It wasn't intuitive (for me, at least) that I needed to click on that to restart the update and the Logitech rep I spoke with didn't know that either. I figured it out by accident.

Sep 22, 2020 4:42 PM in response to Shadow walker 1

I bought a 10 .2 point to iPad seventh generation which is working great put my issue is I bought the logitech combo keyboard with trackpad for the update it was working fine after the new update the trackpad no longer works everything else works what the track pad when I search the Internet winter logitech‘s website they don’t have a solution to this problem.

Sep 25, 2020 11:05 AM in response to Shadow walker 1

Hey everyone! This can happen when the firmware update was interrupted (exited the app, used the keyboard or touchpad while running, keyboard disconnected, etc). Problem being the Logitech Control App sees the firmware update as completed.

In order to re-trigger the firmware update, open up Logitech Control, hold down Q+W+E on the keyboard. While holding down those keys, press the Option/Alt key on the keyboard. This will trigger Logitech Control App to re-enable the Update Firmware button and you will be able to process the firmware in its entirety.

Super important that you do not interrupt the process - don't use the keyboard or touchpad, make sure it is in a position where the keyboard can't get disconnected (best position is in typing mode on a table), and don't exit the app. Once it has finished, everything should start working for you again!

If for whatever reason it does not, please reach out to Logitech Support for next steps (http://support.logi.com).

-Logi_Richard

Jul 19, 2021 10:44 AM in response to Shadow walker 1

OKAY GUYS I’m going to make this super simple and clear.

1. have your keyboard connected to the iPad.
  2. LITERALLY use your fingers to tap on the IMAGE OF THE KEYBOARD IN THE APP. Tap on Q+W+E + option OR TRY Q+W+E + GLOBE.
  3. try about 20 seconds on both.
  4. THEN you will notice that the gray box which used to say “firmware is updated” will actually change to “update available” or something
  5. Tap on the gray box when it says “update available” or something
  6. done !

Oct 29, 2020 9:53 AM in response to Aidanmcnam

Hello, thank you for taking the time, however it does not work. There is nothing we can press to initiate anything. The Logitech says the keyboard is up to date, but no pointer/trackpad and no possibility to switch to french. After numerous e-mail with Logitech no progress has been made. Very sorry i did not go for the Apple magic keyboard.

Logitech combo touch keyboard case with trackpad for iPad 8 gen trackpad not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.