You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 14 update frozen screen after restore

IOS 14 downloaded on iPad 6th generation device, but screen is now frozen at language set up. Multiple restores through desktop (Catalina) fails to clear screen freeze. iPad will not power off either through the slider. Tried to set up through iPhone 11 link also, but need to enter iPhone password on iPad- which is not possible either since iPad screen is touch unresponsive. Any help would be much appreciated- thanks!

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 1:08 PM

7 replies

Sep 26, 2020 2:43 PM in response to frazzm737

Regret to report that I have tried all steps at this link and problem persists. Have restored iPad several times, and even updated to iPadOS 14.0.1 Screen will reboot to Apple logo, then to Hello screen, then to Software Update Complete screen. There is a blue Continue prompt to press to go on, but screen does not accept any touch commands and set up is stuck. Power Off slider also does not respond to touch. Any further suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Nov 11, 2020 10:07 AM in response to jaritza96

Frozen screen problem still persists after successive downloads of IPad OS 14.0, 14.01, 14.1, and 14.2. Cannot even swipe turnoff control. Have restored several times with no change. It will load the initial setup screen to pick a language and will not respond to screen touch after that. I have had to buy new iPad 2020 model in order to continue my work. Meanwhile other iPad is useless.

ios 14 update frozen screen after restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.