Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting a FLAC 44.1 24 bit music file to AIFF for music downloaded from a high resolution website

I just bought and downloaded a high res music file in FLAC format. It is in my Music folder on my MAcBook Pro but it does not show in my Apple music when I open the app. I want to convert it to AIFF but can't do this because the file is not showing in my Apple library. Can anyone help me do this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 6:23 PM

7 replies

Sep 24, 2020 4:23 AM in response to moedee77

Moedee,

One that i have not personally used but have seen mentioned on this forum in the past is XLD (the X Lossless Decoder for Mac). Worth checking out.

Also, not sure which online source you are using for the HD tracks, but some of them have additional format options including WAV or ALAC, which would save you a conversion step.

Converting a FLAC 44.1 24 bit music file to AIFF for music downloaded from a high resolution website

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.