You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen mirroring has no sound

I have connect to airplay via sony x800h smart tv and found that it has no sound when playing video in library and also in other apps.

But if i use chromecast application it work properly and when I use apple tv app in my phone to airplay the video it has audio normally

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 6:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 2:27 PM

Hi there, CAPT_POOD!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with the sound not working when you mirror your device to your television through AirPlay. Please check out this article If AirPlay or screen mirroring isn’t working on your device. This article will give you the steps you can take for issues with AirPlay not working properly, as well as the next steps to take if you continue to have issues.

Have a super day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2020 2:27 PM in response to CAPT_POOD

Hi there, CAPT_POOD!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with the sound not working when you mirror your device to your television through AirPlay. Please check out this article If AirPlay or screen mirroring isn’t working on your device. This article will give you the steps you can take for issues with AirPlay not working properly, as well as the next steps to take if you continue to have issues.

Have a super day!

Screen mirroring has no sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.