Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 update...importing photos

I’ve just updated my iPad Pro to iOS 14, and now can’t find the import tab in photos to download pictures from my digital camera. Where's it gone to?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 8:54 AM

18 replies

Sep 27, 2020 5:11 AM in response to Jonty-L

I was having the same issue with my GoPro Hero 8 but after much frustration of trying different USB cables etc looked at the USB connection in the GoPro settings.

Once I changed it to MTP the iPad picked up a connected device and I am able to import again.

May be worth checking if your device has USB connection settings and play around to see if the iPad picks it up.

Nov 23, 2020 11:51 AM in response to liliput98

I have found the ‘Devices’ tab opens up when the camera and iPad are connected (in my case an Olympus E M10 111 camera via Apple usb camera adapter) in the iPads ‘Photos’.....Hit the Photos tab on the iPad desktop which opens photos....when I press ‘storage’ on the camera, ‘Devices’ appears in the left column but NOT until that command from the camera has been made. Underneath the ‘Devices’ is ‘Untitled’ which is my camera unnamed as yet and when pressing that the ‘photos’ page alters where all the images are and the select of photos can be made to import. But these don’t appear to be in dated order?

This is certainly NOT as easy as when I first bought the iPad as it acted the same as my husbands mini iPad ie. automatically showing ‘Import photos’.

I have spent hours talking to and using Apple chat and so far none of the agents have sorted this.

My husband and I think it’s an IOS 14.2 bug issue.......or the iPad is faulty!

iOS 14 update...importing photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.