Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red dot

Why is there a red dot next to the battery indicator in the upper right of my phone screen whenever I am on a call? It seems that it has disabled my call-waiting feature & is silencing incoming calls while I’m on the phone. I can not find anything in settings that addresses this...

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 9:19 AM

Lalalandlady69 wrote:

Why is there a red dot next to the battery indicator in the upper right of my phone screen whenever I am on a call? It seems that it has disabled my call-waiting feature & is silencing incoming calls while I’m on the phone. I can not find anything in settings that addresses this...

if you mean orange dot then look here Learn the meaning of the iPhone status icons - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2020 9:19 AM in response to Lalalandlady69

Lalalandlady69 wrote:

if you mean orange dot then look here Learn the meaning of the iPhone status icons - Apple Support

Sep 23, 2020 11:23 AM in response to Lalalandlady69

That is an orange dot. Compare it to the red hangup button. And it means that the microphone is on, which it has to be if you are on a phone call. If the microphone was off the person on the other end of the call couldn’t hear you. It also has nothing to do if other apps or notifications are silenced or not. Try tapping MUTE and watch it go out.

Red dot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.