Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't upgrade watch series 3 to watch os 7 - need additional space 3.1GB. Only has

Apple: I tweeted for support but got no reply. So I'll post here now. Stuck in a loop. My Series 3 watch won't free enough space to upgrade. I have deleted everything from my Series 3 watch. Throwing away watch faces I created, and who knows what else. The Watch App on my phone says there is a total of 4.7GB in the watch with only 1 GB free after deleting everything. Apple Specifications say it has 8GB. So I have heard I have to unpair and repair my watch, creating a new watch. How does apple let this kind of thing happen - they knew this and just dumped it out for all of us to be their victims. Very disappointed. I'm sure Steve Jobs would be very proud of how Apple does things today. I hope it upgrades - re-pairing now.

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 4:22 PM

Follow instructions here => If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies

Can't upgrade watch series 3 to watch os 7 - need additional space 3.1GB. Only has

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.