Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store on MacBook Pro

I have One Drive installed on my MacBook Pro. I got notification that it need update but when I open App Store > Update > click on "update" under One Drive, the update did not execute. Instead, it just started and then ended right away without doing anything. I tried signed out of App Store > Reboot> and then Sign Back in but same thing happen.

After many tries, I just want to the Application Folder> One Drive > right click on "show package contents" and remove the _MASReceipt folder. Now there is no more update notification for the OneDrive update in App Store. However OneDrive open with no problem & function normally.

Is there any reason why OneDrive could not be updated in App Store?? Should I not remove the MASReceipt folder??

Thanks for any input.

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 1:31 AM

The receipt is how the Mac App Store knows that app is one of its own and not some app you downloaded from the internet. That id your Apple ID in the downloaded copy's DNA.

No it shouldn't be removed.

Delete the app and redownload it. You should get the newest version and restore your Apple ID to the copy.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 14; iPhone 8+, iOS 14; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14  HomePods, audioOS 14 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 1:31 AM in response to chipchipfromscarborough

The receipt is how the Mac App Store knows that app is one of its own and not some app you downloaded from the internet. That id your Apple ID in the downloaded copy's DNA.

No it shouldn't be removed.

Delete the app and redownload it. You should get the newest version and restore your Apple ID to the copy.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 14; iPhone 8+, iOS 14; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14  HomePods, audioOS 14 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

App Store on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.