Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some heic photos not showing in iMessages iOS 14

Since upgrading to iOS 14, when another iPhone sends me a photo, it is hit or miss if it shows in messenger. For the ones that don’t load, I can select the placeholder and view the photo like normal. It just doesn’t show in the thread, which is annoying. Anyone else having this issue or a solution?

The screenshot shows a series of photos my partner took. One loaded, but the others did not. I can press them and I can view them that way. I can also hit info under her name and in the photos section I can see them fine.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 9:54 PM

It’s extremely annoying and happening in more than just one particular contact for me. I never had this issue before iOS14. Is there way to increase visibility for this thread or have it get more traction? Really at a loss here.

19 replies

Oct 27, 2020 8:43 AM in response to VanillaXtract

I have the same issue, but I am seeing it on jpeg photos. It seemed (for me) to have started with some people who got new iPhone 12s. I thought upgrading to 14.1 resolved it, but I got a new photo and it happened again. I can see the photos fine on messages on macOS. I also see the lag when starting to type which is definitely new in iOS 14.

Nov 21, 2020 11:15 AM in response to VanillaXtract

XR user, I have as well had photos not showing up with only certain contact message threads, (must click on blank photo message to view). This is happening with multiple contacts, it happens to be with my most active contact threads. It’s problematic with solo & group threads. I’ve tried deleting threads and contacts, then re-entering, but it does not fix it. I have cleared GB space, but have plenty of open storage. I have the horrible texting leg as well. Phone was great up until IOS 14 update. Currently running 14.2

Some heic photos not showing in iMessages iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.