Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore iPhone from iCloud, without backup

Hi, I recently broke my iPhone after dropping it (the screen has broke, but the phone still seems to work, because there is a light that comes on) the battery went, so I cannot turn it on properly and connect it to my Mac to do an iTunes back up. When I log into the iCloud website all of my photos and everything is in my iCloud. Is there anyway I can make a back up from that? if I select back up from iCloud it says there is not back ups available.

Could I just start my new phone as a new device until I get the broken one repaired and then do the back up of the old phone later?

Thanks!

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 8:49 AM

The data that you see when you log into www.icloud.com is synced to iCloud and not part of an iCloud Backup. It will automatically sync to a new device (and other devices) if they are using the same Apple ID for iCloud and if the syncing options are turned on. They are at Settings > [username] > iCloud > Contacts, Notes, Reminders, Photos etc.

Most of that information will sync almost immediately after you turn the option on in Settings but Photos may take longer to sync due to their size.

More information on Photos syncing in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 8:49 AM in response to lottiescotty

The data that you see when you log into www.icloud.com is synced to iCloud and not part of an iCloud Backup. It will automatically sync to a new device (and other devices) if they are using the same Apple ID for iCloud and if the syncing options are turned on. They are at Settings > [username] > iCloud > Contacts, Notes, Reminders, Photos etc.

Most of that information will sync almost immediately after you turn the option on in Settings but Photos may take longer to sync due to their size.

More information on Photos syncing in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Restore iPhone from iCloud, without backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.