Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to back up my Iphone in this situation???

Hi!

So, My iphone is pretty smashed up, the screen is smashed so I can't see anything, but i can see the LED light comes on when I interact with the buttons. I brought a new Iphone hoping I could restore from my now old/smashed up phone, by simply having it next to my new phone. But the iphone isn't showing up to restore from.

Before I continue I have no Icloud and the restore from my iphone on my mac is from a year and a half ago so no good.

When I plug my old iphone up to my mac and turn on itunes it's in recovery mode so I have no option to back up.

Is there any alternative to still back up from my old iphone theres a lot of pictures/videos that I really want to save.?

Thanks!

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 2:51 AM

5 replies

Oct 26, 2020 3:19 AM in response to ShuffleUK

1. Open iTunes and wait for it to recognize your broken iPhone, then click on the device icon on the top left of the screen.
  2. Select Summary from the left sidebar and choose “This computer” under Automatically Back Up.
  3. If necessary, check the box for “Encrypt local backup” to create a password to protect your backups.
  4. Now click on “Back Up Now” to start the backup. And the backups will be stored locally on your Mac.

How to back up my Iphone in this situation???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.