Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health App Not Syncing With Activity Rings

Iphone 11 Pro IOS14.0

Apple Watch 5 - Watch OS7

My Apple watch Syncs correctly with the Activity app on my phone. Steps, Stand, Exercise all sync correctly.

However...

The Health App on the same iPhone is set to read the Activity data but doesnt. The Health Apps readings are completely different to the Watch and Activity App on the Phone. It also seems there is a delay on the Health App reading the “incorrect” values from the Activity App.

Anyone have the same problem? Anyone kno how to fix it?

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 8:09 AM

My steps and exercise are still completely off. After a 4.86 mile walk this morning the activity has 83 minutes of exercise, 4.86 miles and 11,200 steps. Health is showing 29 minutes of exercise, 3.1 miles and 7900 steps. I forgot to mention that I have unpaired and re-paired the watch. To no avail.

8 replies

Sep 26, 2020 9:00 AM in response to Jonster512

I also unpaired and re-paired the watch. At first I even erased and completely reset the watch. Ive checked every setting possible. Even called Apple Support and did everything they suggested, which was everything I’d already done anyway. But it appears to be a communication issue between the health app and the Activity Rings.

Sep 27, 2020 8:20 AM in response to dean-bfn

Between the maps not working and activity not syncing with Health, yesterday my move ring just stop registering any exercise. I was stuck at the same number for hours. I finally called support vs. googling and was told they are very aware and working hard on a fix. What she had me do is what nightmares are made of, but was told it works for 80% of people having these issues. She had me do a hard reset of the watch (back to factory) and the. Put it on the charger. Then she had me back up the phone to iCloud and proceed with a hard reset (again, back to factory settings) of the phone. Once the phone came back to life and was downloading the back-up, I paired the watch. Fast forward to this morning - went for a 5.5 mile walk and all the steps and exercise were also in the health app AND there was a route map! (iPhone 11 Pro and iWatch 5)

Health App Not Syncing With Activity Rings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.