Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using internal and external GPUs simultaneously

Hi. If I use an eGPU on a 2019 iMac, can I set the mac to use the GPU processing power from both cards at the same time? For one output...

I'm considering buying an iMac, and would want to use a preferred GPU in an external case, and would preferably then use both GPUs.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 12:17 PM

Please contact the developer of the app for more support information with regard to you game being written to use both GPU’s.

There are some good comparisons on YouTube that show various frame rates and detail/resolution settings etc. Just do a little research and due diligence and you should find some good GPU’s to use for gaming.

I hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 12:17 PM in response to Janjbrt

Please contact the developer of the app for more support information with regard to you game being written to use both GPU’s.

There are some good comparisons on YouTube that show various frame rates and detail/resolution settings etc. Just do a little research and due diligence and you should find some good GPU’s to use for gaming.

I hope this helps.

Sep 24, 2020 12:07 PM in response to Jeff Donald

Right. Thank you Jeff.

I'm considering an upgrade to and iMac to revisit my teens by getting into Baldur's Gate 3. The GPU that comes with the model I'm looking at isn't that great (a Radeon Pro 570X 4GB) whereas a different video card that's about the same price-value (the Radeon RX580) is much better. Both are AMD, it'd be great if they could both be put to the same app...

Using internal and external GPUs simultaneously

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.