Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo library

I would like to delete the photo library on my I phone 6 without it affecting the linked library on my I pad pro and the pictures uploaded to iCloud . Currently if I delete a photo on the phone , it deletes on the I pad but not on the I cloud .

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 1:37 PM

That’s not possible. If the actions that you take in the photos app syncs across devices, that indicates that iCloud photos is being used and therefore, when you delete a photo on any device, it is deleted in iCloud as well.

The only way that you can achieve what you want to do is to download the photos to your phone and not use iCloud Photos on the phone either.

Take a look at this.

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 1:37 PM in response to maccaviii

That’s not possible. If the actions that you take in the photos app syncs across devices, that indicates that iCloud photos is being used and therefore, when you delete a photo on any device, it is deleted in iCloud as well.

The only way that you can achieve what you want to do is to download the photos to your phone and not use iCloud Photos on the phone either.

Take a look at this.

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

Photo library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.