Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t restore iPhone X.

Hello, everyone. I’m having a horrible time figuring this restore out so any usable advice is welcome. I have an iPhone X that I just updated to iOS 14 a couple of nights ago and ever after using it for roughly a day with the update I turn my phone on again to see that it was locked and needed my actual passcode, not password to unlock my phone. I put the passcode in repeatedly thinking maybe I kept pressing wrong buttons...needless to say I was persistent on using the same or similar passcode until it locked me out and says connect to iTunes. So, seeing no other options, I did connect it to a couple different PCs trying to restore my iPhone because the first pc I used was full on storage, now I’m trying on the second pc and it won’t let me restore my iPhone after multiple attempts and software updates to the computer.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 2:52 PM

Ryguy27 wrote:

Hello, everyone. I’m having a horrible time figuring this restore out so any usable advice is welcome. I have an iPhone X that I just updated to iOS 14 a couple of nights ago and ever after using it for roughly a day with the update I turn my phone on again to see that it was locked and needed my actual passcode, not password to unlock my phone. I put the passcode in repeatedly thinking maybe I kept pressing wrong buttons...needless to say I was persistent on using the same or similar passcode until it locked me out and says connect to iTunes. So, seeing no other options, I did connect it to a couple different PCs trying to restore my iPhone because the first pc I used was full on storage, now I’m trying on the second pc and it won’t let me restore my iPhone after multiple attempts and software updates to the computer.

Recovery mode click here If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 2:52 PM in response to Ryguy27

Ryguy27 wrote:

Recovery mode click here If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Can’t restore iPhone X.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.