Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.0.1 hotspot issue

Hi there, Can you use hotspot in iOS 14.0.1? other devices doesn't identify my hotspot!

if you know anything, it would be appreciated to let me know about it.

and I have a iphone 7 by the way.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 6:55 AM

I’m using IPhone 11. I’m having the same problem, the feature “Personal Hotspot” disappeared.

I try to “RESET NETWORK SETTINGS” ; and reset network;

Then, finally the button came out. So I can now use my hotspot.

pls try ; see if it works

19 replies

Nov 6, 2020 1:10 PM in response to Bushboy12

Bushboy12 wrote:

Is it policy for Apple not support the Apple community?
I don’t see any info from their tech support team acknowledging the problem.
I have the same issue as all the above community have raised.

usb tethering from iPhone XS to Ubuntu 19.10 fails after upgrade to 14.1

I use this to earn my living. Cmon Apple.

You are not addressing Apple here. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. If you wish to speak to Apple Support, you need to use the Contact Support link at the top of the page here. 

Also see this, If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support Hotspot is controlled by your carrier. They control if it appears on your iPhone.

Sep 27, 2020 5:01 AM in response to hosein73

They broke it. I have two mobile routers which tether to an iPhone. Both worked last week. I spent all day yesterday trying to get them to connect. With iOS 14.0.1, Personal Hotspot WILL continue to connect Apple devices but won't connect to non-Apple devices. I tried my wife's iPhone 6 with iOS 13.6 (or 7), it connected to both - overnight her phone updated to 14.0.1 and it's no longer connecting. Seems like Apple is getting progressively sloppier in their work. Good thing they don't build airlines - oh wait, that's how Boeing does it, sells out science and engineering for better stock prices. BTW, WEAR A MASK! It's good science.

Sep 29, 2020 2:08 AM in response to LeavingAppleForever

Yes, I believe they did break it.

I have an iPhone SE 2020, and indeed have the same problem.

The Hotspot no longer works with iOS 14.0.1. It says I am connected on the iPhone but there is no data transfer.

It does not work via USB cable either.

Oct 25, 2020 4:47 PM in response to Community User

I have an iPhone SE 2020.

on 14.0.1 (now 14.1)

I am able to use hotspot on USB and Bluetooth to Windows 10 laptop.

When I try to connect to hotspot wifi, the top of iphone screen (where would be blue with hotspot message) flashes some message and the connecting device never successfully connects.

I am able to connect to my iPhone SE 2020 via WIFI using a iphone 6s also running 14.0.1.

Have to wonder if Apple did any testing if they only tested connecting using Apple devices.

Nov 6, 2020 1:00 PM in response to Bushboy12

I met the same issue with Ubuntu Linux and Manjaro Linux. According to various Web searches, lots of people meet the same issue with any computer system that does not stem from Apple.

It appears Apple has introduced an incompatibility with the rest of the world in iOS 14 USB tethering, and broken some standard. It seems Windows users can yet still use their iPhone as a hotspot, provided iTunes is installed on their machines.

Unfortunately, just another one of too many quality regressions in Apple products since Jobs passed away.

Hoping this one will be corrected quickly (at least, it looks like it's only a software bug).

iOS 14.0.1 hotspot issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.