Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail drop is not working

My mail drop is not working.

This is the first time I've used it since OS 10.15.7.

Worked great before the upgrade. I'm only sending 22Mb.

My mail accounts still has "send large attachments with Maill Drop" checked.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 10:04 AM

Greetings movieguy-13,

We appreciate those details, and we're glad to know you were able to send the Mail Drop attachment using iCloud. That rules out the root cause being Mail Drop limits, and points us toward something blocking the connection to Apple servers.

To help us drill down on this further:

• Were you connected to the same Wi-Fi network when sending the attachment using iCloud? What steps did you follow to do so?
  • Did you have the opportunity to connect your Mac to another Wi-Fi network and try to transmit using Mac Mail?
  • Have you checked with the FIOS support team to confirm that there is nothing blocking the ports and protocols used by Apple servers?

We look forward to hearing back at your convenience.

Enjoy your day!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2020 10:04 AM in response to movieguy-13

Greetings movieguy-13,

We appreciate those details, and we're glad to know you were able to send the Mail Drop attachment using iCloud. That rules out the root cause being Mail Drop limits, and points us toward something blocking the connection to Apple servers.

To help us drill down on this further:

• Were you connected to the same Wi-Fi network when sending the attachment using iCloud? What steps did you follow to do so?
  • Did you have the opportunity to connect your Mac to another Wi-Fi network and try to transmit using Mac Mail?
  • Have you checked with the FIOS support team to confirm that there is nothing blocking the ports and protocols used by Apple servers?

We look forward to hearing back at your convenience.

Enjoy your day!

Oct 1, 2020 5:16 PM in response to movieguy-13

Hello movieguy-13,

We see from your post that you were unable to send an attachment with Mail Drop, and we'll be glad to assist you.

These are some reasons why you might see this alert:

• Your internet connection cannot reach the Apple servers.

If you've continued to encounter this alert, try to connect to another network.

If that's not an option, then check if your proxy or VPN settings are blocking the required ports. Open this link to view the TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products,

• You've reached the Mail Drop limits.

Let us know if you need additional help and we'll guide you forward.

All the best!

Oct 2, 2020 2:04 PM in response to sterling r

Thanks for those tips.

I checked all my MailDrop settings, nothing blocking that service.

It's probably an issue with my FIOS settings, because I was able to send the attachment by going through iCloud (instead of my Mac Apple Mail).

I have no checked boxes on my Network proxy tab and I do not have a VPN.

Any more specific hints on where to look?

Much appreciated.

Mail drop is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.