Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Drop does not work, but there are no error messages.

Since upgrading to Ventura, I have not been able to use Mail Drop. I have read many articles on the limits and functions of Mail Drop, I have sufficient space in my iCloud Drive, I have enabled Mail Drop in Mail settings on all my accounts. Nevertheless, when I try to email large files (i.e. 98MB), it simply sends without even offering to use Mail Drop. I then get an undeliverable message that says the files was too big.

Without an error message, I'm at a total loss as to what might be the cause. I am able to use Mail Drop on my iOS devices (SE 2nd gen & Air 4th gen), but neither the Mail app nor iCloud Mail in Safari will use Mail Drop when accessed on my MacBook Pro "13 (2017).

I appreciate any help, advice, pointers, etc.

Thank you!

Brad

MacBook Pro 13″, 13.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 6:49 PM

Hello bkschroe,

This page has info on using Mail Drop that has some items to double-check: Add an email attachment in Mail on iCloud.com

Turn on Mail Drop for large attachments
You can use Mail Drop to upload large attachments to iCloud, where they’re encrypted. Recipients see an attachment or a Mail Drop link in the message, and they can download the files for up to 30 days after they’re sent. See the Apple Support article Mail Drop limits.
1. In Mail on iCloud.com, click the Settings button at the top of the Mailboxes list, then choose Preferences.
2. Click Composing, then select “Use Mail Drop when sending large attachments.”
3. Click Done.

If the Mac isn't already using macOS 13.2, updating can help ensure the device has the latest improvements applied: Update macOS on Mac

Cheers.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2023 6:49 PM in response to bkschroe

Hello bkschroe,

This page has info on using Mail Drop that has some items to double-check: Add an email attachment in Mail on iCloud.com

Turn on Mail Drop for large attachments
You can use Mail Drop to upload large attachments to iCloud, where they’re encrypted. Recipients see an attachment or a Mail Drop link in the message, and they can download the files for up to 30 days after they’re sent. See the Apple Support article Mail Drop limits.
1. In Mail on iCloud.com, click the Settings button at the top of the Mailboxes list, then choose Preferences.
2. Click Composing, then select “Use Mail Drop when sending large attachments.”
3. Click Done.

If the Mac isn't already using macOS 13.2, updating can help ensure the device has the latest improvements applied: Update macOS on Mac

Cheers.

Mail Drop does not work, but there are no error messages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.