You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why has my MacBook Air stopped letting me use the camera and speaker on my LG UltraFine 5K Display?

I have a MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020, running MacOS Catalina 10.15.16) connected to the new LG UltraFine 5K Display. For many months, I've been using the camera built-into the external display and enjoying its very good speakers.

Today, I'm no longer able to access the display's camera or speaker. I've tried various apps. I've unplugged the display. Same result.

One thing happened last night: I was in the middle of a Zoom session via the display, then disconnected the display and continued the session from the Mac. Could that have disrupted something?

Help please!

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 1:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 1:51 PM

OK I'm a dope. Restarted and all is well.

1 reply

Why has my MacBook Air stopped letting me use the camera and speaker on my LG UltraFine 5K Display?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.