Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a problem with updating to new macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Update . Update is shown on the mac but when i try to update it is not working. just only restart the computer. Any suggestion to solve the problem. Many Thanks

I have a problem with updating to new macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Update . Update is shown on the mac but when i try to update it is not working. just only restart the computer. Any suggestion to solve the problem. Many Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 10:06 AM

Hello dilum254,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We see that you are having an issue updating to macOS Catalina 10.15.7. The update shows on your computer, but selecting it only restarts the computer, it doesn't update. You can also try downloading the update and installing it from this link: Download macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Combo Update

You can also restart the computer in safe mode and installing the update there:

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2020 10:06 AM in response to dilum254

Hello dilum254,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We see that you are having an issue updating to macOS Catalina 10.15.7. The update shows on your computer, but selecting it only restarts the computer, it doesn't update. You can also try downloading the update and installing it from this link: Download macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Combo Update

You can also restart the computer in safe mode and installing the update there:

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Best regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.