Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina nightmare!

Upgraded to Catalina last week and now unable to print to my Samsung C410W laser printer. I get numerous error messages. ‘Prefilter can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software’. Another one then pops up for ‘Rastertosec’. Is this a driver or security issue? Everything was working fine with Mojave. There is no driver available at the moment which is compatible with Catalina. Made an error in not backing up first otherwise I would definitely be rolling back the OS. Not happy with this upgrade at all ! Any ideas guys?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 4:22 AM

Hi. It’s not AirPrint compatible but I have just managed to resolve it. Fresh install of OS. Deleted and reinstalled printer but chose the printer driver from drop Dawn menu rather than automatically. I noticed a different driver for CLP 410 series. Installed this and all up and running now. Thanks for responding anyhow.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2020 4:22 AM in response to HWTech

Hi. It’s not AirPrint compatible but I have just managed to resolve it. Fresh install of OS. Deleted and reinstalled printer but chose the printer driver from drop Dawn menu rather than automatically. I noticed a different driver for CLP 410 series. Installed this and all up and running now. Thanks for responding anyhow.

Catalina nightmare!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.