Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Increase clip height in timeline

I often need to increase the volume on my clips because my voice is soft. However, the timeline presents each clip as a very short object. This is true even when the timeline area occupies half of my vertical screen space. I find that dragging the volume level increases volume in jumps of about 25% to 100% per pixel, which is very hard to manage. Is there any way I can set the volume level numerically? Or can I increase the height of the clip in the timeline by 3x or 4x? Thanks.

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 7:13 PM

HI, RoHSwell,

Click on the Settings button to the right of your screen just above the timeline. A box will appear with a slider to adjust clip size. Move the slider to the right to increase the size of the clips in the timeline.

Also, there is a slider just to the left of the Settings button that lets you expand out the timeline to a larger distance that will let you make more finite adjustments to the audio clip.

Finally, you can set the volume level numerically by clicking on the loudspeaker icon in the toolbar in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Controls will appear just below the icon that contains a slider that will let you set the volume up to 400% of the original volume.

-- Rich

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2020 7:13 PM in response to RoHSwell

HI, RoHSwell,

Click on the Settings button to the right of your screen just above the timeline. A box will appear with a slider to adjust clip size. Move the slider to the right to increase the size of the clips in the timeline.

Also, there is a slider just to the left of the Settings button that lets you expand out the timeline to a larger distance that will let you make more finite adjustments to the audio clip.

Finally, you can set the volume level numerically by clicking on the loudspeaker icon in the toolbar in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Controls will appear just below the icon that contains a slider that will let you set the volume up to 400% of the original volume.

-- Rich

-- Rich

Increase clip height in timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.