Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 timer keeps going off!

Hi,

since upgrading to iOS 14 my timer keeps randomly going off even though I’ve not set it. At first I thought I was accidentally hitting my shortcuts so I removed them from the home screens. But now it’s still happening - even when I’ve not even touched the phone! Anyone else experiencing this? Because it’s starting to get really annoying...

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 11:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 12:54 PM

Same thing keeps happening to me. I am not setting the timer myself, it just randomly starts. Today I was actually looking at Facebook on my phone when it started. I saw a clock notification come down from the top of the screen, and when I looked at my Home Screen, the timer was started.

4 replies

Oct 3, 2020 1:38 PM in response to weazieurban

It’s still happening and like you I see it happen even when I’m not “accidentally” pressing anything to start it up. The clock just appears from the top of the screen and the timer is counting down. There are no set timers programmed or anything of the sort - I don’t even have alarms set. This is still happening and hasn’t been resolved... at least it’s good to know I’m not the only one!

iOS 14 timer keeps going off!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.