Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What must I do to remove the passcode after receiving iPhone 4 device

What must I do to remove the passcode after receiving iPHONE 4 device from a former owner who does not remember his passcode after not using this device for a long time since he bought a new device.This device is working.Only the screen passcode is locked.Serial number: 69***A4S.Firmware version: 7.1.2

I received old iphone 4 with passcode on.Phone is in working condition and I can still access camera,music player,flashlight and other few features.I cannot unlock screen because the former owner forgot passcode.He had not been using it 4 long.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 4 (8GB)

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 4:20 PM

Hey sabata240,

We understand that you need to reset the passcode for an iPhone. Take a look at the following guide for those steps: If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

5 replies

Oct 3, 2020 12:06 AM in response to KiltedTim

I am not sure what 'Activation locked' mean,however if that means when the phone has been 'blacklisted' so that it does not work,well that is not the case because the phone is still working.I can receive phone calls on it,using any network sim.It is not locked in any way except for the screen passcode which prevents me from accessing things like MENU,PHONEBOOK and others.

What must I do to remove the passcode after receiving iPhone 4 device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.