Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Create iPad Reminders Subtask

I just found about Reminders subtasks as shown on:

https://support.apple.com/guide/ipad/set-reminders-ipad99e6cfa7/13.0/ipados/13.0

When I attempted to create a subtask on my iPad Air 2 (iPadOS 13.7), I don’t see the the subtask option when I create a new reminder. And I am unable to drag and drop one reminder on another one.

i did see the blurb about needing to upgrade iCloud reminders, but I don’t use iCloud.

Does this mean that subtasks are only available if I use iCloud?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 4:33 PM

Hi BevInTX,

We understand you're trying to create a reminder subtask. we're happy to help.

Now what you stated is correct, this option requires iCloud Reminders to be enabled. If that is not currently enabled, you won't get the "Indent" option when shipping right on a reminder.

To turn on the iCloud Reminders so you can access these additional features just navigate to Settings > [your name] at the top > iCloud, then turn on the button next to Reminders.

Change your iCloud feature settings

We hope this helps. Take care!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2020 4:33 PM in response to BevInTX

Hi BevInTX,

We understand you're trying to create a reminder subtask. we're happy to help.

Now what you stated is correct, this option requires iCloud Reminders to be enabled. If that is not currently enabled, you won't get the "Indent" option when shipping right on a reminder.

To turn on the iCloud Reminders so you can access these additional features just navigate to Settings > [your name] at the top > iCloud, then turn on the button next to Reminders.

Change your iCloud feature settings

We hope this helps. Take care!

Unable to Create iPad Reminders Subtask

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.