"New Reminders" greyed out

On my iPhone SE (2022), running iOS 16.4.1, I used Reminders without iCloud, and it worked fine. I then mistakenly linked Reminders to iCloud, but then didn’t like that my Reminders were showing up on my iMac (because I could accidentally modify or erase them without intending to). So I disconnected Reminders from iCloud, to get Reminders back to the way it worked before iCloud. I knew I would lose my Reminders on my iPhone, but I planned to just add them back through “New Reminder”. But “New Reminder” on my iPhone is grayed out. How do I get to “New Reminders” to quit being greyed out?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 1:35 PM

4 replies

Apr 23, 2023 12:17 PM in response to wclarke440

Hello wclarke440,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to help you resolve the issue so you can use the Reminders app to create new reminders.

Let's make sure you're trying these steps to create the reminder:

"Create a reminder

1. Open the Reminders app.
  2. Tap + New Reminder, then type your reminder."

This Apple Support page has the full details: Use Reminders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue continues, please restart the iPhone and then try again.

"How to restart your iPhone 6, 7, 8, or SE (2nd or 3rd generation)

1. Press and hold the side button until the power-off slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
  3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo."

Explained here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

We hope this helps to refresh the software and resolve the issue so you can create a new reminder.

Cheers!

Apr 24, 2023 10:16 AM in response to wclarke440

Hey wclarke440,

As a test, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Reminders. If it’s on, turn it off and see if that allows you to add a new Reminder on your iPhone.

If it’s off, turn it on and allow the Reminders that may still be in iCloud sync to your device. Once the process is complete, turn it off again and test the issue once more.

If you’re still unable to add a new Reminder, please contact Apple Support for further help: Get Support

All the best.

"New Reminders" greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.