Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders are not syncing across Devices or icloud

Dear all,

My reminders app is not syncing reminders across devices or even with the reminders showing in iCloud.com under reminders.

My Mac runs Mac OS Big Sur version 11.5.2, My iPhone runs 14.7.1 and my iPad runs 14.7.1 as well.

I've tried logging out of iCloud on my iPhone and iPad to try and get it to sync to the reminders showing in iCloud, but it doesn't do that. What can i do?

Warm Regards.

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 3:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 9:59 PM

As per the article Limits for iCloud Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Bookmarks, and Maps - Apple Support

• Maximum combined number of calendars and reminder lists you can have: 100*

See Share a reminder list on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

13 replies

Sep 16, 2021 12:57 PM in response to Udhavvaid

Udhavvaid, I can confirm that your problem is not unique. There are many other users with similar sync issues that are specific to Reminders (myself included), and that the prescribed solutions Apple has to offer are not fixing the problem. There is some sort of iCloud Reminders app syncing issue that is only affecting a portion of users and Apple has yet to provide a solution for it.

Sep 8, 2021 6:07 AM in response to Udhavvaid

Why reminders dont sync .

As per the article Create and delete reminders on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Each reminder you create is put into a reminder list.

You can sync the latest version of iPhone and Mac using a usb cable as it is more efficient and fast than wifi syncing see the article Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad over Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

And share the reminder list over icloud Share a reminder list on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Sep 9, 2021 1:15 AM in response to tygb

Dear tygb,

I've tried all the above and not only has my reminders not synced, but for some reason, my iCloud drive isn't showing my iCloud documents and files either now.

I tried creating a new custom list on my iPad as well, but that's not syncing anywhere either... neither to the iCloud and neither to my phone or MacBook.

Sep 9, 2021 3:17 AM in response to tygb

Is iCloud Drive and desktops and documents box turned on Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support - Yes, i double checked.

Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices - Apple Support - Yes, i can access from my iPhone, just not my iPad.

Work with files and folders in iCloud Drive - Apple Support - Ive tried that, doesn't work.

Get file, folder and disk information on Mac - Apple Support - Ive tried that, doesn't work.

Are you using any cleaners , third party apps / softwares / anti virus or VPN services in Mac if so uninstall them Install and uninstall apps from the Internet or disc on Mac - Apple Support - No.

And create a new admin account for the time being in Mac Set up users, guests and groups on Mac - Apple Support - l created one but don't see the point of it.

Sep 10, 2021 1:55 AM in response to tygb

Okay, I've tried the above link as well but it did not help.

So i restored my iPad to a previous backup.

Good news - notes are syncing again and so is the iCloud drive

Bad news- reminders is still not syncing at all.

I do thank you for your patient replies and i think i will give up hope here that reminders will ever work for me properly.

Sep 11, 2021 9:05 AM in response to tygb

Okay, ive tried all the above 3.

I tried to delete the reminders app on iPad and downloaded it again but no use. Then i deleted the default lists and created my own. But that didn't work either.

Currently, my iPad has its own reminders list, my iPhone has its own and my mac has its own. This is despite the fact that i am signed into all three devices with the same iCloud id (which ive quadruple checked at the time of typing this.) Fun part is, on iCloud.com, i am seeing yet another list all together. lol

I think this might be a bug in the apple environment system maybe, i do not know. Maybe a developer for reminders/icloud can comment better than me.

Sep 11, 2021 11:37 AM in response to tygb

No, i am not moving reminder list to another from iPhone share and assign reminders

I realised i had 1800 reminders marked as completed. i have deleted those cause i thought maybe that's why the list stopped syncing... too many completed reminders. But to no avail.

i now have only 10 reminders in a total, counting any list

Reminders are not syncing across Devices or icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.