Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos Don't Automatically Download to my Windows 10 PC

I have iCloud Photos setup on my iPhone and Windows 10 laptop. When I use the file manager to look at the iCloud Photos folder, I see all of the photos that my iPhone has uploaded to iCloud, but the status is "Available when On-line". If I double click on a photo, it downloads and opens in my photo app. Once I do this, the photo is "Available on this device".

How can I configure iCloud on my Windows 10 laptop to automatically download all of my photos? The way that it is working now is a HUGE problem when I am on the road, trying to show people photos on my laptop when I don't have internet access.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 8:20 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 26, 2020 9:37 PM in response to mikeschumann

Agree. Using iCloud for PC ver 11.4.. I want ALL my iCloud photos to download to PC in full file form.. not just apparently "thumbnails" as "available when online" to be manually downloaded 1 image at a time..

We need apple to "fix" this and revert to prior methodology.

I have enough bandwidth and my PC is on 24/7 but full images still remain in the cloud unless manually and individually selected for download.

Is there an app setting to change this behavior?

iCloud Photos Don't Automatically Download to my Windows 10 PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.