Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

removing icloud drive from Windows 10 PC

My PC's icloud drive files will not sync with the cloud. It had worked on my old PC, but no longer. Apple support could not fix it. Even if I delete icloud from the control panel, when I go to reinstall, I am notified that the program has already been downloaded and the icloud window opens but is frozen and will not respond. I see that there are still many icloud program files in

c:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Appleinc.icloud_11.3.59.0_x86__nzyj5cx40ttqa\iCloud.

I cannot access these files to delete them without "permission" from SYSTEM.

Anyone have a clue for me?

Thank you.

Rich

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 10:43 AM

Hi richerfotos,

It seems you're having trouble removing iCloud from your PC and we can help.

It sounds like your user account doesn't have permissions to access where your iCloud app is installed.

Try following the steps here:

Automatically diagnose and repair Windows file and folder problems

If the issue continues, contact Microsoft support for help removing the content you installed via Microsoft Store.

Try reinstalling iCloud from the Apple website instead of from the Microsoft Store:

Download iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

Click on the link that says for Windows 7/8 and it'll work fine in Windows 10 also.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2020 10:43 AM in response to richerfotos

Hi richerfotos,

It seems you're having trouble removing iCloud from your PC and we can help.

It sounds like your user account doesn't have permissions to access where your iCloud app is installed.

Try following the steps here:

Automatically diagnose and repair Windows file and folder problems

If the issue continues, contact Microsoft support for help removing the content you installed via Microsoft Store.

Try reinstalling iCloud from the Apple website instead of from the Microsoft Store:

Download iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

Click on the link that says for Windows 7/8 and it'll work fine in Windows 10 also.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

removing icloud drive from Windows 10 PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.