Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone randomly has a black screen with a loading sign then takes me to the Lock Screen

I have a IPhone 11 and just recently updated to IOS 14.0.1 and now randomly my phone screen goes black and for a couple of seconds a loading swirl pops up then it sends me to my Lock Screen and the loading screen does not display the Apple logo on it.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 1:41 PM

Hello MO091,

We understand that your iPhone randomly goes black, followed by the spinning gear before the load screen. Is this correct? You’re in the right place, we’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

Start by following the steps here: If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly

Let us know if that helps.

Have a great day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2020 1:41 PM in response to MO091

Hello MO091,

We understand that your iPhone randomly goes black, followed by the spinning gear before the load screen. Is this correct? You’re in the right place, we’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

Start by following the steps here: If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly

Let us know if that helps.

Have a great day.

iPhone randomly has a black screen with a loading sign then takes me to the Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.