Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Can’t Find the Server - MacBook Air

I have suddenly started getting the ‘can’t find the server’ message when I try to use Safari on my MacBook Air.

It’s happening for Every Single Webpage (including iCloud). I can access the pages on my iPhone (using the same WiFi/modem connection), so there’s nothing wrong with the web pages.

I haven’t changed anything on my laptop. It just started out of the blue and has been going on for several days now.

I’ve tried everything I can think of. I’ve restarted my computer. I’ve checked the Network settings. I’ve turned the firewall off. I’ve disabled my antivirus program and ad blockers. I’ve tried Safe Mode. Nothing works.

My OS is up to date, as best I can tell (Catalina 10.15.6) - but can’t connect to the Apple Software Update server to confirm 🤷🏼‍♀️

My internet is working - all my other devices and TV streaming services work.

Can anyone help?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 7:59 PM

6 replies

Oct 6, 2020 4:05 PM in response to CarlAVII

Hi PsyDye,

Unfortunately I tried that too (before I posted here).

There’s a note up on the support page at the moment saying ‘Apple support options are currently limited. Thank you for your patience and understanding.’

When I tried to get in touch with an actual person, the support bot said support is not currently available.

Seems like no one here can help either, so I guess I’ll have to give up and hope it spontaneously fixes itself one day 🤷🏼‍♀️

Oct 7, 2020 8:45 AM in response to SParker01

By your post it seems that you have third party anti virus apps installed. Uninstall these.

There is no reason to change the Mac firewall. Why do you have a need to turn it off? If should have been off by default.

If you are using a VPN uninstall the VPN.

Start up in safe mode to see if that fixes the issue.

Shut down Safari then while pressing and holding the shift key, start up Safari.

Try a different browser.

Safari Can’t Find the Server - MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.