Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After iOS 14 update Home Video doesn't play video, only audio

Since the IOS14 update, my iPhone 11 will only play home video's audio, the screen is black. Home video's play fine on my: Mac, iPad & an old iPhone 5s.

Has anyone else had this issue, because I think its all related to the ios14 update, and I can't seem to resolve it.

I sync the videos to my iPhone, from my Mac.

Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 9:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 1:10 PM

Hi Jaime

Well, we were both right, it was the update, just loaded the latest update & "Hey Presto", all my home videos work again.

We can both enjoy trouble free videos again. But your post about erasing & restoring, stopped me from wasting my time.

Thanks for the replies everyone

7 replies

Oct 4, 2020 2:12 PM in response to SladeOne

Hello SladeOne!

We see you are having some trouble with videos that you imported to your iPhone being unable to play. We can certainly understand how that would be troublesome and we want to get it resolved. Have you tried deleting those videos from your iPhone and resyncing them? Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Do videos you record on your device have the same issue or just the videos that were imported to this iPhone? 

Have a great rest of your day! 

Oct 8, 2020 9:44 PM in response to SladeOne

I have basically the same problem. I have many tv shows recorded through the years (not from the iTunes Store) and I never had a problem syncing them to any of my iPhones, until I upgraded to ios14. Now some of them sync properly, but I only get audio on many of them. I have tried erasing them and syncing back on numerous occasion, but it never helps

Oct 19, 2020 5:07 PM in response to SladeOne

Hello SladeOne: well I just did that: Erased and restored, but same problem. Maybe you are luckier and it works for you. Let me know if you succeed. I know this has to do with the update, because those videos have been on the phone all along through other updates (not to mention other iPhones) and they were fine. Once I upgraded to ios14, this happened!

After iOS 14 update Home Video doesn't play video, only audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.