Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 update issues with AirPlay

Hi everyone,

I updated my MacBook Pro (mid-2015) this morning to Catalina 10.15.7 and suddenly I'm facing issues with AirPlay. I have a HomePod which I use to play music and sound from my laptop and now after updating my MacBook it can no longer airplay to the HomePod.

At first I thought maybe the HomePod software isn't supported anymore since when I try to connect from my MacBook it fails to airplay the sound to it. However, once I tried to connect if I go into my Home app on my Iphone the app says that my HomePod is playing the sound and I can play and pause the songs and youtube videos on my computer from the HomePod widget, but the sound keeps originating only from my computer and not the HomePod.

Anyone have similar issues or know a fix? Should I just downgrade back to .16?

HomePod, 13

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 5:13 AM

UPDATE: it's a glitch from when it was connected to the computer while it went into the update, if you switch the source to another source playing sounds (my iphone) and then switch back again it connect properly again.

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 28, 2020 4:29 PM in response to AngeloOscuro

Catalina 10.15.7 will not connect to HomePod, regardless of how many times you disconnect or delete the device from the iMac, restart, etc. It shows it under volume and in MIDI but refuses to connect. It plays fine on its own with top buttons or through the iPhone. "Could not connect to "xxxxxx HomePod"". I give up..

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 update issues with AirPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.