Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delayed texting since iOS 14 update

Has anyone else experienced significant delays in texting since updating to ios14? I will start to text several words and it’s as if the messaging app freezes and none of the words appear for a few seconds, then they all appear at once.

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 7:19 PM

Have you reset your network settings?

Go to Settings - General - Reset -Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

84 replies

Oct 12, 2020 2:13 PM in response to Kimmycox

Go to settings and pull down on the screen to show the search bar. Type “network” and you should see “reset network settings.” Select that and then select “reset network settings” again. It will ask for your passcode and want you to confirm that is what you want to do. It will restart your phone. Once it restarts, your settings have been reset.

Nov 12, 2020 1:00 AM in response to audiann04

Since my last update IOS14, I have found that not only do I experience delayed texting, but most of my applications reverted back to default. I have had to reset nearly everything again - just when I had the text/ font at the size I preferred, the sound on everything was finally where I wanted it - and now I can't hear properly even with head phones on and the volume turned up full. I have spoken to others who have iPhones and they too have experienced similar. WHY? What is the point of having a damned phone if you can't hear people speaking, hear the music, hear anything actually?

Dec 6, 2020 2:31 AM in response to audiann04

I also reset my network settings. That resolved the slow text issue for about a day, and now it’s returned. It’s so frustrating to have to type and then wait several seconds for what you’ve typed to appear before you can review and then send it. I wish I had never downloaded the latest update. I’ve had other issues, too, but this one issue of extremely slow texting is lingering.

Delayed texting since iOS 14 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.