Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods switching to another phone

After the recent update (14), my iPhone does not recognize my AirPods anymore. However, it recognizes my teenaged daughter’s phone. I’ll go through the trouble of pairing them, but if my daughter is close by and her Bluetooth is on,they will switch over to her phone. She disconnects, clicks on ignore the phone, but at a later point they’ll connect to her phone again. How can I stop this? It never used to happen before.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 11:45 AM

If you are sharing an Apple ID, stop doing that immediately. Each person, regardless of age, needs her/his own unique Apple ID.

Your daughter’s iPhone (assuming she receives the new ID) must be thoroughly cleansed as follows:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2020 11:45 AM in response to Eslteacherinpr

If you are sharing an Apple ID, stop doing that immediately. Each person, regardless of age, needs her/his own unique Apple ID.

Your daughter’s iPhone (assuming she receives the new ID) must be thoroughly cleansed as follows:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

AirPods switching to another phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.