Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Not Disturb Issues in iOS14

iPhone 11, iOS14.0.1

Situation: I've used Bedtime and "scheduled" Do Not Disturb without issue until I upgraded to iOS 14. I have Do Not Disturb scheduled from 10pm to 7am daily. My bedtime is 10:30p - 6:30a M - F. My alarm sounds and once DND is off schedule, I get notification and ringer sounds as expected.

Issue: After upgrading to iOS 14, my phone ringer and alerts stay off even after DND has expired for the day. At first I thought I was turning down the ringer accidentally with the volume buttons, but I have that setting off because it used to happen quite often. I started watching the phone's behavior. Once DND is activated at 10:00, the ringer slider is turned automatically turned all the way silent. Once 7:01 rolls around, the DND icon is turned off but the ringer stays all the way silent. Day 1, I adjusted it back to full volume. But the behavior happened again the next day. DND is off, ringer slider stayed at 0. So then I tried toggling DND back on and off again. The slider returned to where it should have automatically (full volume). So then I aligned DND and my bedtime windows to be the same. Same result, the DND causes my phone to become permanently silent (even after the scheduled DND is over) until I go manually toggle it on and off again or change the volume slider manually.

HELP!

iPhone 11, 14

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 6:14 AM

Greetings Castleberry!

From your post we see you are having some issues with Do Not Disturb setting your volume to 0 for alerts when turning on. That is definitely unexpected! Have you tried restarting your device since this issue started? Restart your iPhone. If the issue continues from there we would want to have it looked into by our direct support. You can find them here: Get Support.

We hope that helps! Take care.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 6:14 AM in response to Castleberry

Greetings Castleberry!

From your post we see you are having some issues with Do Not Disturb setting your volume to 0 for alerts when turning on. That is definitely unexpected! Have you tried restarting your device since this issue started? Restart your iPhone. If the issue continues from there we would want to have it looked into by our direct support. You can find them here: Get Support.

We hope that helps! Take care.

Nov 12, 2020 6:37 PM in response to jeremy_v

Yes, I did restart my iPhone, thank you for this excellent tip. In fact right after I restarted it the Do Not Disturb during Bedtime notification was the first thing on the screen. Attached is a screenshot from around 830 PM, not during my scheduled bedtime. My phone was working fine until downloaded this new software and I can’t help but think it has something to do with the new phone being released, as is the same pattern I have experienced since first purchasing an iPhone nearly ten years ago.

Nov 18, 2020 8:58 AM in response to Gabrielejones

I have the same issue as well. My DND is set from 11pm-7am. Now my alarm set at 6:30am won’t ring until 7am. It was working perfectly before I upgrade to this new iOS. I tried to change the DND settings to 11pm-6am, however the new settings doesn’t kick in as expected. My DND still get activated from 11pm-7am, and there’s no where to off it! Now every night I have to manually turn off my DND when I need to wake up before 7am. This is really frustrating.

Do Not Disturb Issues in iOS14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.