Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 6 health app problems

My new series 6 isn’t accurately calculating my active and resting calories. My resting was typically around 1800/day and is shows 500-600. Active is way under. I typically would burn an additional 1000 and I get readings of 100-300. Is anyone else having these issues?

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 3:30 PM

I spent some time with Apple support. Try unpairing your watch and when you pair it again, do it as a new watch and not from backup. That worked for me and now all my apps are working and calories a calculating correctly.

3 replies

Oct 4, 2020 3:17 PM in response to MJGNJ

yes, I too have recently purchased my series 6, and am just noticed the same behaviour. The "Move" calories in the activity app seems to track as it did before. But this does not seem to sync with the "active energy" calories (at all - they are perhaps 40% lower). And, as you noted, the resting energy is much lower. It obviously changed on the day I got my series 6.

Apple Watch 6 health app problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.