Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 2 - Unable to update to watch 6.2.8 - Still Not Solved

PRODUCT: Apple Watch Series 2

PROBLEM: Every time I try and update the watchOS to 6.2.8 I get an error message.

ERROR MESSAGE: Unable to verify Update. The watch OS update couldn't be verified because you are not connected to the internet.

PHONE PRODUCT: iPhone XR

SOFTWARE VERSION: 14.0

WIFI: Set Up and working ok

CELLULAR: Set Up and working ok

NB: This 'update issue' also occurred on the last iPHONE software version 13.X.X just before it goes to 14.

Trouble Shooting Steps Taken:

1. Turn on and off both watch and iPhone devices
  2. Reset watch factory settings
  3. Turn aeroplane mode on and off

(LOOPING ISSUE)

PRODUCT: Apple Watch Series 2

ISSUE: iPhone forced a watch reset. Following the rest instructions and pair new watch (Not new family feature) my watch paring now loops at the software update screen giving the same error message prior to updating to OS14 on my phone.

ERROR MESSAGE : Unable to verify Update. The watch OS update couldn't be verified because you are not connected to the internet.

Now I have a watch that won't pair because it loops at the watch OS 6.2.8. software update which fails every time I try and update. I even updated my iPhone XR to 14.0.1 thinking that Apple may have fixed the issue but alas it hasn't.

APPLE : Can someone look into this and provide a actual resolution.

Please also find the link below to my original post which was accidentally set to 'Solved' but it hasn't:

Apple Watch Series 2 - Unable to Update t… - Apple Community

Please HELP I love my watch and I need to get it working again.

Thank you......

#AppleWatchSeries2

#watchOS6.2.8

#VarifyError

#Looping

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 1:00 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Apple Watch Series 2 - Unable to update to watch 6.2.8 - Still Not Solved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.