Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery draining

Hi, I am using Iphone SE (first generation), updated the IOS to latest version 14.0.1 & after this particular update the battery is draining very very fast which is not acceptable at all.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 3:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 5:59 AM

i agree with quicktimekirk, but also check your battery health, especially considering your phone, maybe if its decently low, like maybe around 85% or below (normally 80% health is fine for new phones like the iphone 11 and stuff but considering your phone is the first gen iphone se, i'd consider 80% to be bad for your phone because it didn't have excellent battery life to begin with), you might want to see if you could get the battery replaced, the new update is VERY intensive on various things like animations, contrast (color wise), a lot of stuff like that which may be hard for a phone like yours (i honestly am presuming its old, it is the first gen after all), or maybe you could upgrade to a newer iphone, its all up to you, but definitely check battery health, and check just the battery section in general and see if there's anything you could optimize, like maybe you have a third party widget that takes up 56% of battery, definitely either delete the app, or just remove the widget, stuff like that.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2020 5:59 AM in response to Karthik4

i agree with quicktimekirk, but also check your battery health, especially considering your phone, maybe if its decently low, like maybe around 85% or below (normally 80% health is fine for new phones like the iphone 11 and stuff but considering your phone is the first gen iphone se, i'd consider 80% to be bad for your phone because it didn't have excellent battery life to begin with), you might want to see if you could get the battery replaced, the new update is VERY intensive on various things like animations, contrast (color wise), a lot of stuff like that which may be hard for a phone like yours (i honestly am presuming its old, it is the first gen after all), or maybe you could upgrade to a newer iphone, its all up to you, but definitely check battery health, and check just the battery section in general and see if there's anything you could optimize, like maybe you have a third party widget that takes up 56% of battery, definitely either delete the app, or just remove the widget, stuff like that.

Nov 10, 2020 7:58 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

QuickTimeKirk, how unhelpful! I have the same issue which started straight after I updated to iOS14.1. I have now updated to iOS14.2 and it hasn’t improved. I don’t use Apple Watch or Health, which others have found caused the issue. I always turn my phone onto low battery mode as soon as I take it off the charger and it used to last all day and now I have to charge it two or three times per day. I am on an iPhone SE 1st gen, but it isn’t all that old.

Nov 10, 2020 8:03 PM in response to Joshua p.

I might upgrade if the new SEs were as small as the 1st gen , but the new SE won’t fit in my pocket because it is bigger. I also like the home button and I like the large bezel which makes it easier to hold with one hand if you are taking photos at a stretch, or don’t want to keep accidentally touching links and having your screen cut away to to something random.

Dec 17, 2020 9:13 AM in response to Kerpie

I am having the same problem. iPhone SE 1st generation, 128GB. I love my phone. It isn't even 3 years old. The battery is suddenly dropping 1% per minute or less! The phone doesn't even last an hour unless I put it in low power mode and even then it doesn't last long. Previously it was lasting all day. There has to be a fix. I have tried all the battery saving strategies with no luck.

Battery draining

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.