Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Would changing the hard drive keep this error from happening again? I was able to restart my computer, but I don't go through this again

I have a MacBook pro retina, late 2013. I know it's a bit old now, but I don't see the point of buying a new machine now, in particular with this economy. I've been thinking about upgrading the hard drive and I'm wondering if that would keep that error from happening again.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 2:20 PM

If your Mac starts up to a question mark - Apple Support

3 replies

Sep 29, 2020 1:26 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Hello BobTheFisherman,

Thank you for taking the time to write.

I thought this discussion was linked to an article that dealt with the issue I'm having, sorry about that. I got a black screen with a blinking folder with a question mark. My laptop has a 256Gb hard drive and I was thinking about upgrading it with OWC Aura Pro X2, 1Tb.

Would changing the hard drive keep this error from happening again? I was able to restart my computer, but I don't go through this again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.