Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Digital clock displayed over apps when arm goes down.

On the Apple Watch 6 version 7.0.1

When I am using an app or even in setting, instead of the screen going blank when I am not looking at it, the screen fades dim and a digital clock shows in the top right corner. How do I get this to stop and always show the app screen I am looking at. I use fitness apps when working out and I want the info on the screen all the time. Right now it fades in and out of that clock when I raise and lower my arm.

Thanks for your help.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 7:01 AM

That is turned off and the screen still fades out when my arm is down. I still have to tap the screen in most cases to see my workout data when I raise my arm.

3 replies

Oct 2, 2020 12:28 AM in response to adambien

I think I know the answer to this one, but I could also be wrong.

If a watch app hasn’t been designed to utilise the always-on display it blurs what's on the display and just gives you this overlay of a digital clock. I think most 3rd party apps are covered here currently, I had this issue with Strava but not the case with Apple’s Workouts app.

Digital clock displayed over apps when arm goes down.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.