Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.0.1 Fitness and Health App Issues

iOS 14 for iPhone and iOS 7 for Apple Watch is the WORST thing that could have happen if you use the devices for exercise. Despite upgrading to the latest versions iOS 14.0.1 and iOS 7.0.1 (which was supposed to have ironed out some of the bugs), I still have numerous of continuing issues despite seeking technical assistance at the my local iStore:

1. Workouts are not recorded: Certain workouts like traditional strength training is recorded on my Watch, but does not appear on the Fitness App on iPhone (sometimes my Watch does not even record workouts, despite properly ending, closing and saving them). If the workouts do not appear on the Fitness App, then the Health App will not record them either - from which my health insurance collects exercise data...
  2. Inconsistent step readings: Apple Watch and the Fitness App at least records consistent steps readings, however a totally different (significantly smaller) reading appears on the Health App. For example, one day my Watch and Fitness App reads 11457 steps, while the Health App for the same day records 5120 steps... a whopping 6337 are missing!
  3. Blue stand bars: Apple Watch captures my standing hours correctly and marks all active standing hours with the blue bars... the Fitness App however shows something completely different with numerous missing bars despite achieving the daily stand goal.
  4. Maps: When I complete a run or walk, I was able to see my route on maps when I was on iOS 13... this seem to have completed disappeared on iOS 14. I now can only see my start location... no routes or end-locations are displayed - just a blank map.

Claiming that iOS 14 is a step up from iOS 13 is completely inaccurate... I never had these problems when I was on iOS 13. Since the "upgrade" I had nothing but trouble - particularly regarding the Watch-iPhone synchronization. Also the Fitness and Health Apps record different data - it's like they speak two completely different languages...

It is absolutely infuriating! I have tried everything... restarting all devices... unpairing and re-pairing... following instructions from your Support App manuals... nothing worked - the issues just persist. Your iOS 14 is flawed... please fix it!

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 11:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 6:27 AM

Read here;

Apple suggested fix for ios14 and WatchOS7 problems

Similar questions

3 replies

iOS 14.0.1 Fitness and Health App Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.